Houston Hero Tea Latte
2 heaping teaspoons of loose tea
4 oz. milk
4 oz. water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon sugar
A pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk and water. Simmer mixture and stir regularly, but do not bring to a boil.
- Pour 2 heaping teaspoons of loose tea into the saucepan. Whisk the tea and allow to simmer for 2 minutes over the heat.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and sugar.
- Using a strainer, pour the tea mixture into a cup and strain out the tea leaves.
- Using a frother and your choice of milk, froth accordingly and pour over your cup of hot tea. A pinch of cinnamon on top is optional.